Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

klankila

Web.Contents query from Power BI to NetSuite fails with "(400): Bad Request"

Hi,

I have a Web.Contents query from Power BI to NetSuite (using rest api) which has been working reliably, but since 25th Feb it fails to retrieve data. Power BI Desktop returns error message "... (400): Bad Request". I have checked NetSuite side and user account, permissions etc. work OK. We have not done any changes anywhere basically. Also two factor authentication cannot be the issue, since it's not required for the role in use.

Could it be that Power BI desktop Feb 2019 update broke something, as it was released just before this error occurred? Is it possible to downgrade Power BI version, or download older version from some reliable source?

Thanks for your help already in advance!

-Kimmo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
klankila

This is now solved. It turns out that NetSuite had made a change in their API, which does not allow any line changes anymore in the authorization part of the search query. Line changes removed --> Problem solved.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
FraserDavidson
Regular Visitor

Hello,

I am currently trying to setup a connection to power BI through suitetalk rest web services but unfortunately not able to pull any data through. I am getting the below service unavailable error

I have attached my web query and request header paramaters for reference. When I run the query in postman I am able to return data. Any ideas?

.REST API 1.JPGREST API 2.JPG

darrenglover198

could you share your web query. i am using the following URL which authenticates but only returns a total bytes. doesnt return the columns and data:

"https://123456789-sb1.suitetalk.api.netsuite.com/rest/platform/v1/record/customer"

klankila

This is now solved. It turns out that NetSuite had made a change in their API, which does not allow any line changes anymore in the authorization part of the search query. Line changes removed --> Problem solved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors