Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

We're setting things up, which typically takes about 30 minutes, but may be longer.

Hi

"We're setting things up, which typically takes about 30 minutes, but may be longer. Please check back later."

I'm getting this reply when I try to import new excel file from onedrive to Power Bi. This has been like this for a week. I have created lots of rapports and know I can't make any new. I can work with the old I created before.

I have the licens:

Power BI Pro

Office 365 Enterprise E3

/Peter

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  @v-yuezhe-msft Its October 2020 and I'm still facing this issue :|. Will try using the URL on Desktop, but do think this should be fixed

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue. Would be nice to see a response from MS.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Do you use OneDrive for business or OneDrive for personal? I can directly connect to excel from both locations in Power BI Service.

In your scenario, please use Power BI Desktop instead to connect to your Excel file.

To connect to OneDrive for business in Power BI Desktop, please reveiw this article:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-use-onedrive-business-links

To connect to OneDrive for personal in Power BI Desktop, please check my reply in this thread:https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/PowerBI-support-for-OneDrive-Personal-as-data-source/td-p/129125.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

Follow the instructions you sent but got stuck in this message. So a least it sees something but it dosent help me. 

PowerBi problem.PNG

Then of course I think that must work in the www version as well. But one problem at a time 🙂

Regards Peter

@Anonymous,

Do you use OneDrive for personal or OneDrive for business?  Could you please post the URL you enter in web connector?

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I use OneDrive for business and the URL are any file in the OneDrive. I don't type in the URL. I choose through gui. 

The path is: "Name of the source" > Get Data > Files > OneDrive - Business

/Peter

@Anonymous,

Please make sure that you enter the correct URL following the guide in this artice:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-use-onedrive-business-links.

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Followed instruction with url last time and it doesn't help. Error message did not help finding the error?

I have done about 50 reports earlier. It has always worked so I know the way how to get data into PowerBi.

Don't think the solution should be that I have to run with the installed client when it works to run it in www.

So after 6 weeks, the problem remains.

/Peter

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors