Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using .iqy file for import from SharePoint folder view

Hi,

I want to connect .iqy file (this file I get when clicking "Export to Excel" button in SharePoint Online) into PowerBi and enable background refresh and automatic refresh upon opening PowerBI for this .iqy connection. What modifications should I make to this code and what else I should do?

WEB
HiddenURL.dll?XMLDATA=1&List={ListID}&View=ViewID&RowLimit=0&RootFolder=undefined

Selection={HiddenID}-HiddenID
EditWebPage=
Formatting=None
PreFormattedTextToColumns=True
ConsecutiveDelimitersAsOne=True
SingleBlockTextImport=False
DisableDateRecognition=False
DisableRedirections=False
SharePointApplication=hiddenID
SharePointListView=hiddenID
SharePointListName={ListNameID}
RootFolder=undefined

7 REPLIES 7
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

You can follow the steps below. You can check Guo_au's reply in this similar thread.

1.Open the iqy file with Notepad and copy the URL address, which includes names of list and view.
2.Open Web connector in Power BI Desktop.
3.Paste the URL link in web connector and then choose your table to import.

After creating reports in Power BI Desktop, you can publish the report to Power BI Service, and set schedule refresh for the dataset.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @v-yuezhe-msft I get the error " "We couldn't authenticate with the credentials provided" when entering following code: https://XX.sharepoint.com/teams/XX/_vti_bin/owssvr.dll?XMLDATA=1&List={LISTID}&View=CODEID  Is there something wrong with URL code I try to generate?

@Anonymous,

What authentication type do you use in Power BI Desktop? Do you use SharePoint Online or on-premises SharePoint?

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lydia @v-yuezhe-msft, it is SharePoint Online

@Anonymous,

What authentication type do you use in Power BI Desktop when connecting to the data source?

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lydia @v-yuezhe-msft I use Organizational account, also tried Basic and Windows. When trying to access same Site with Get data-SharePoint list credentials work fine, so I wonder whether problem is with iqy code.

@Anonymous,

Please use Fiddler to check if there are any details about the error.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors