Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using enterprise gateway w combined data sources (onprem SQL and cloud Dynamics CRM)

Hi

I was browsing through the earlier items and MS blogs, but could not find an answer to my question:

"Is it possible to use enterprise gateway when a dataset consist of a onprem SQL and cloud odata datasources?"

In my case we have most of out data in onprem SQL server database. We want to enrich that with our CRM data and calculate KPIs that use both data eg. Customer invoicing / Customer appointments.

I have built using the PowerBI desktop a datamodel that combines data from both of the sources. WHen I publish the related dataset and reports to PowerBI.com, I am unable to schedule data refresh. Afaik, the scheduled refresh should be possible to setup for both the SQL datasource and the Dynamics CRM odata source at least separately. But that would mean that I would have the data in silos and could not have calculated data on both at the same time.

3 REPLIES 3
Kane
Helper I
Helper I

I have a similar problem. Mark.

maurice-v

Hi dzeipii,

We have the same issue here with a combination of (onprem) SqlServer and Google Analytics. 

The option "use an enterprise gateway" at gateway connections is grayed out.

Hopefully someone will respond soon

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors