Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rich_3
Regular Visitor

Using PowerApps to update Power BI data

I'm looking to create a dashboard in Power BI that enables, based on the data presented, a user to make a number of choices. Ideally I want these choices to be stored so that next time they log into Power BI and view the report they see the data with the choices they made the previous time. These choices will be related to and different for each row in the dataset.

I've looked at doing this through the new what if parameters however these cannot be different for each row of data and are not persistent between sessions.

I have also looked at doing this through Power Apps, embedding the app in a Power BI dashboard and using text and number inputs in the app to make the different choices/selections needed. This is then passed to a Flow and can update an Excel workbook (or anything else Flow can connect to). The issue I am having is that Power BI can only look at the workgroups OneDrive whereas Flow seems only to be able to access my personal OneDrive. Is there something that they can both access which I can use flow to update a workbook/data source which is being read by Power BI?

Thanks,
Richard

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rich_3,

I'm not very clear about your requirement. Do you want to filter report data then next time open the report see the last time filtered data as well? If that is a case, you need to save the report to keep the filter choice for Slicer visuals or Visual/Page/Report level filter or Query Parameter.

Or you want to modify the source data, eg Excel data in OneDrive, then make the data updated in the report? Power Bi can get data from OneDrive for Business or OneDrive personal, you can take a look at these two links:

Use OneDrive for Business links in Power BI Desktop

Refresh a dataset created from an Excel workbook on OneDrive, or SharePoint Online

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have access to SharePoint?  Could you have PowerApps store data inside a SharePoint list or library?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors