Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pwillinger
Frequent Visitor

Updating the Gateway version

We have to update our On-Premise Gateway.  Searching the forum I'm finding several solutions on updating the gateway...

• You don't have to uninstall the current version the Installer will recognize an existing version and perform an update

• You have to uninstall the installed version prior to installing the update version.

What is the "official" method for updating the On-Premise Gateway?   What are the step by step instructions?  e.g. install user, response to prompts

thx

patw

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@pwillinger The only time I've ever heard of an un-install was if you had a different gateway (the really old Analysis Services Connector). There isn't a walkthrough because it should be extremely straight forward and just be an in place upgrade with nothing but clicking buttons to proceed.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@pwillinger The only time I've ever heard of an un-install was if you had a different gateway (the really old Analysis Services Connector). There isn't a walkthrough because it should be extremely straight forward and just be an in place upgrade with nothing but clicking buttons to proceed.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors