Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mnijskens
Frequent Visitor

Updating On-Premises Data gateway is error and time consuming and NOT WORKING.

What a pain in the A... is updating the on premises gateway. My company does not allow generic uid to get passed the proxy. So I have to enter my own. Would be nice if I could enter that on the installation of the Gateway

Now I get the Cannot Start the PBIEGService on computer error again, where as I could solve this by deleting the c:\users\PBIEgwService directory this is not a solution anymore because it is not there.

Not sure if this is going to be a solid an reliable product if it takes so much time installing and configuring !

When you give a message such as Access Denied than is should be easy to tell on which or what the acces is denied !

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@mnijskens,

Please post gateway installer log which is located at %localappdata%\Temp\On-premises_data_gateway_*.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

there a so many logs there ! And I can't insert files.  My point is that upgrading should take my credentials for the service.

Or at least the opportunity to enter my own uid/pw for setting up the service !

@mnijskens

You can share the log through online service such as OneDrive.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

thansk for your help I would now how to do that(share onedrive with you). It's probably not allowed by my company anyway.

I finally got it to work 

I would be pleased if "My point is that upgrading should take my credentials for the service.

Or at least the opportunity to enter my own uid/pw for setting up the service !"  would be answered.

@mnijskens,

Please share your solution here. In addition, what do you mean "My point is that upgrading should take my credentials for the service.

Or at least the opportunity to enter my own uid/pw for setting up the service "?

After upgrading gateway, you are able to change gateway service account.
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

I  know I can change it there, but installation takes to long because the standard account does not get past our company's proxy.

So installation takes a long time trying to get to the internet.

We close this discussion because i don't have the idea Microsoft is listening to suggestions

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors