Apologies if this has been brought up before.
I have a desktop PBI report which has two data sources:
I am able to refresh the desktop report with my OAUTH credentials. But once I publish it online to the Pro service, the data gateway will not allow it to refresh saying my credentials are invalid.
I've read that several threads on this:
Also found an idea that has been marked as already solved:
From what I understand, if the Sharepoint list is online (which is my scenario), I can simply enter my credentials under OAUTH. But my data gateway doesn't allow me this (no option to do so):
Not sure what I'm missing.
In your scenario, you are combining on-premises data source and online data source in a single dataset. You would need to select "Allow user's cloud data sources to refresh through this gateway cluster" within your gateway following the guide in this article, this way, you are able to refresh the dataset.
That option was already set long before. I did it once more and still am not able to refresh. Also still no option to enter OAUTH credentials.
I am unable to reproduce this issue on my side. What version of Power BI gateway do you use? Could you please double check that if you are using online SharePoint data source or on-premise sharepoint data source?
I just updated our Gateway. Restarted the service.
Cheked the settings you mentioned that should be ticked.
Still getting the same problem. No option to enter my credentials as OAUTH
Could you please double check that if you are using online SharePoint data source or on-premise sharepoint data source?
Our Sharepoint Site is linked to O365. UI and all.
What version of Power BI Desktop do you use? I am unable to reproduce this issue on my side, what is the result if you use personal mode gateway?
Latest version of PBI Desktop.
Just installed personal gateway to try it out same result.
Hope you can help with this soon. I'm running a dashboard that's relying on manual refreshes right now (via publishing the refreshed PBI Desktop report every day)
I thought it might be because of the data source type I was using. But I tested using between "SharePoint List" and "SharePoint Online List" but they both result in the same problem (cannot enter OAUTH credentials).
I tried creating a new report and when I tried refreshing online after publishing I got this message. It ceases to display when I choose the gateway we have and choose "Apply." But I thought I'd share it nonetheless in case it helps.
I also tried to enter the SharePoint site as a data source on the gateway. But no luck.
Running out of ideas.