Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to enter OAUTH credentials in data gateway for Online SharePoint data source

Apologies if this has been brought up before.

I have a desktop PBI report which has two data sources:

• Sharepoint List (Online)
  • Active Directory

I am able to refresh the desktop report with my OAUTH credentials. But once I publish it online to the Pro service, the data gateway will not allow it to refresh saying my credentials are invalid.

I've read that several threads on this:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/sharepoint-gateway-error-not-showing-Oa...

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/How-to-configure-On-premises-Gateway-to...

Also found an idea that has been marked as already solved:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/13405644-combine-enterprise-gatew...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-mashup-on-premises-cloud

From what I understand, if the Sharepoint list is online (which is my scenario), I can simply enter my credentials under OAUTH. But my data gateway doesn't allow me this (no option to do so):

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

Not sure what I'm missing.

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!.. any solution for this issue?

Thanks!

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

In your scenario, you are combining on-premises data source and online data source in a single dataset. You would need to select "Allow user's cloud data sources to refresh through this gateway cluster" within your gateway following the guide in this article, this way, you are able to refresh the dataset.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

That option was already set long before. I did it once more and still am not able to refresh. Also still no option to enter OAUTH credentials.

Capture.PNG

@Anonymous,

I am unable to reproduce this issue on my side. What version of Power BI gateway do you use? Could you please double check that if you are using online SharePoint data source or on-premise sharepoint data source?

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just updated our Gateway. Restarted the service.

Capture.PNG

Cheked the settings you mentioned that should be ticked.

Capture.PNG

Still getting the same problem. No option to enter my credentials as OAUTH

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

@Anonymous,

Could you please double check that if you are using online SharePoint data source or on-premise sharepoint data source? 

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's online.

Our Sharepoint Site is linked to O365. UI and all.Capture.PNG

https://cloughaus.sharepoint.com/sites/isteam/SitePages/Home.aspx

@Anonymous,

What version of Power BI Desktop do you use? I am unable to reproduce this issue on my side, what is the result if you use personal mode gateway?

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought it might be because of the data source type I was using. But I tested using between "SharePoint List" and "SharePoint Online List" but they both result in the same problem (cannot enter OAUTH credentials).

Capture.PNG

I tried creating a new report and when I tried refreshing online after publishing I got this message. It ceases to display when I choose the gateway we have and choose "Apply." But I thought I'd share it nonetheless in case it helps.

Test Refresh 1.PNG

I also tried to enter the SharePoint site as a data source on the gateway. But no luck.

Running out of ideas.

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

@Anonymous,

Please open a support ticket in Power BI support site.
Support Ticket.gif

Regards,
Lydia

Was there a resolution to this issue?

I am experiencing the same problem, unable to select Oauth2 for any web or sharepoint datasource created on a gateway.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Latest version of PBI Desktop.

Capture.PNG

Just installed personal gateway to try it out same result.

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

Hope you can help with this soon. I'm running a dashboard that's relying on manual refreshes right now (via publishing the refreshed PBI Desktop report every day)

This may not be an exact match to the scenario at hand but I was having a very similar issue with ony Online connection and my Desktop connection. My scenario came up when I did a password refresh. I ultimately resolved it by creating a new query connection with the same SharePoint address in Desktop. It seems like this forced a refresh somewhere for everything to sync finally for Online and Desktop queries without needing to republish, update, or recreate anything.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors