Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gerget
Frequent Visitor

Unable to connet Dynamic CRM instance and Power BI

Hello all,

I am trying to pull data from Dynamics CRM into Power BI . In CRM instance, there are views that contain exact data that I need import online on Power BI desktop. I know that I can export to Excel and then pull in Power BI desktop,but if I did that it will not refreshed on power BI service dashboard.

I am able to import data from Dynamic CRM using API, but the data columns name and table names are different and it doesnot exactly look like  the CRM.

What I am trying to do is pull exact data of CRM instance and  visualize on Power BI and create dashboard and schudule refresh. I am not interested to download data in excel and visualize on power BI and create dashboard and schedule refresh.

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@gerget,

"I am able to import data from Dynamic CRM using API, but the data columns name and table names are different and it doesnot exactly look like  the CRM"

You can change columns name and table names in Power BI Desktop to match the names in CRM. Also you can follow the instructions in this article to connect to CRM in Power BI Desktop. Please note that if you connect to on-premises Dynamic CRM in Power BI, schedule refresh is not supported for the dataset in Power BI Service.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors