Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mliljenberg
Frequent Visitor

Unable to change path for datasource in uploaded pbix file in powerbi.com

I have a pbix file with connections to two different Excelfiles. In powerBi desktop, it works and I have change the source pointing to the correct location on the desktop. The files were previosly stored in a different location(Different user, Onedrive for business location). I have updated the pbix file to reflect the new source location and saved it. Opening up the pbix file on the desktop app shows the right location.

Now to the problem, when uploading to powerbi.com it ads connections under manage datasources to the old location as well as the new location for the excelfiles, I cannot modify this path, cannot delete it. This happens with more than one pbix file.

I have tried reinstalling the desktop gatway, moved all the files to a different location before uploading, I have saved the pbix file in a different location and uploaded it,. I have used Edge as well as chrome. I have tried publishing and uploading them both.

I cannot figure out how to get rid of legacy datasources in powerbi.com? Does anyone know? How can I clear the datapath for local datapath that are no longer there?

11 REPLIES 11

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors