Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tblasko
Regular Visitor

Teradata and LDAP

Hello there, appreciate very much the help in advance!

So I need to connect to my Teradata data warehouse, but my credentials are not working in PowerBI (they are working fine in TOAD and other clients). 

I believe the issue to be that we use LDAP to authenticate, and I do not see this in the advanced options for the teradata connection (however there is AuthenticationMechanism property when connecting via PowerQuery for example). 

What are my options here? I'm happy to rig up a connection string or do something alternate if it's possible... 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you found any solution for this i ran into the same problem.

I really apprciate if you could help with a solution for this if yous problem is fixed.

Thanks

erickalp

I have the same issue, have you solved it yet ?

Thanks in advanced  for further information !

Erick

Anonymous
Not applicable

Open the CMD Prompt and paste "setx PBI_EnableTeradataLdap true" You will be able to use LDAP in Power Bi.

tblasko
Regular Visitor

For example, in the teradata connection string builder, there is a property to specify it. I just need to customize the connection string in PowerBI but I don't know how to do it: 

https://developer.teradata.com/doc/connectivity/tdnetdp/15.11/help/Teradata.Client.Provider~Teradata...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors