Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

a0m02e1

System.InvalidOperationException

I am trying to use PowerBI Embedded resource from MS Azure to embed an report on client application. I am following steps delineated on this link : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embed-sample-for-customers#embedding-for-your-cu...

Following are the system details:

InvalidOperationException.pngI have generated group ID and report ID from PowerBI workspace using web version (and not desktop). I also registered  a new app in azure and generated an application ID for it. After providing all the required information in web.config file, when I tried generating token using AppOwnsData git repository (https://github.com/Microsoft/PowerBI-Developer-Samples) getting an error as shown herewith.

Is there any configuration issue? Is it possible to do all these steps on MacOS? Any help to resolve this issue is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @a0m02e1,

Did you build your website? 

Seems there are more details in the error message. Can you share it?

Did you have a web server like IIS?

Maybe this is helpful. 

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-jiascu-msft,

Thanks for your response.

I am following steps mentioned in the documentation for embedding PowerBI report. The git repository had prebuilt application which I am trying to configure for my Azure and powerBI subscription.

While it is just a local test application for now with no server capability, I may extend it in future. I am trying to understand if this is a macOS compatibility issue or something else!

Here is the exception stack trace :

ExceptionStackTrace.png

Hi @a0m02e1,

This project has been build up. Why did you generate token manually? 

Did you build the project? (compile the project).

System_Invalid_Operation_Exception

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.