Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AndrewTFox
Frequent Visitor

Source Access - Index beyond the limits of the matrix

Hi everyone,
when I try to import my DB into Access on Power Bi, some important tables bring me back this error:
index beyond the limits of the matrix
I can not understand what it refers to, can someone help me?

Cattura2.JPGCattura.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @AndrewTFox,

By my tests with the Access 2016 and the latest version of Power BI Desktop (2.65.5313.1381), I cannot reproduce your issue.

Do you have any specific setting for your data type or field?

Please have a reference of this case.

If it is convenient, please share your table model here so that I can have a test in my site.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I think the error is due to the "IDFinezze" field that has the "Allow multiple values" setting enabled.

Or that the tables are managed in an access file different from the ones in forms and queries using the "Access Database" function (Database Tools).

You can find the DB at this link: DB to import in Power Bi

Thanks for the support.

Hi @AndrewTFox,

By my tests with your DB model, I copy the table tbIAricoli and then I could load the table successfully.

Capture.PNG

So I'm afraid the issue may be caused by the relationship. As I cannot modify your relationship, you should test by yourself.

In additon, please note you'd better upload the dummy data sample in this community, so if your DB sample is real data, please delete it immediately.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the analysis, Cherry.
Is it possible to import an access without relations?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors