Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ricky_Pimenta
Regular Visitor

Sharing Reports with qr code

Hello there,

I created a group for my organization in powerbi, within the group I uploaded the data files, created the reports and dashboards, shared them with the other members of the organization(which are also members of the created group). Unfortunally, when I  the generate QR code (whether in the Group area or my personal area), and try to use it with my android phone I get the message that I do not have permissions to view the report. I also make notice that the Dashboard which I´m trying to see with the QR Code, is available in my dashboard tab in the android application and also in powerbi site.

Anyone else has this problem?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I attempted to SHARE my Power BI with end users and I noticed as long as I was in "Report" mode, there was functionality to "Generate QR Code" to share the report with end users. When I converted the report to "Dashboard" mode by clicking "Pin Live Page", the ability to share the report via QR code was lost!?!?

And yes, I was able to view my own report via QR code, but this was not the case for the end users. It stated that the report couldn't be found.

Any explanation on how to create a QR code of a "dashboard" would be helpful.

Thanks

djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi Ricky,

Did you get it to work ? I have had the same issue recently. It used to work fine for me.

Regards,

Dan

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Ricky_Pimenta - I just generated a QR code for a Power BI dashboard URL using:

http://www.qr-code-generator.com/

Scanned it on my Android phone and was able to login and see my dashboard. I'm guessing that perhaps your Android device is authenticated to O365 or something under different credentials? When I scanned the QR code, it took me to the page briefly and redirected me to authenticate, which I did and then I could see my dashboard. Are you getting the authentication prompt?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors