Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

qyz225
Frequent Visitor

Sharepoint List: OData refresh with organisational account

Hi all

I just hopt to find a way to use organizational account for dataset refresh.

I created a report to pull data from sharepoint list, via Organizational Account. The report worked fine in Power BI Desktop.

However when the report was deployed into Power BI Service, I got the error "Your data source cannot be refereshed because the credentials are invlaid...". Opened the credential configuration I couldn't find organizational account option:

Capture.PNG

Anyone knows how to get organizational account option in the setting? Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Dunbarko

Hi all, i have same problem with files on One Drive, Power BI Pro desktop refresh working, Cloud Power BI don't, but OAuth2 authentication type or Organizational account is not on the list, just Anonymous, Windows, Basic. Anyone know how to help?

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@qyz225,

Do you connect to SharePoint online list or on-premises SharePoint list? If you connect to on-premises SharePoint list, please use Windows credential to connect to the data source in Power BI Desktop. 

However, if you connect to SharePoint Online list, gateway is not required, and you should be able to find OAuth2 authentication type.
1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia

Thanks for the response.  However the situation is the sharepoint list is hosted in another on-premise space, so I have to use organizational account to access the list.

After configure the data source via organiational account, the report can be refreshed locally, without any issue.

However when deployed into Power BI service, the organizational account option is missing from Edit Credential dropdown box.

I had tried to use data sources such as oData service and Sharepoint List, I also tried to embed the basic authentication string into the http header through api call. But it seems I have to use organizational account to pass the authentication setting.

Does that mean we cannot feed data from different domains?

@qyz225,

You connect to on-premises sharepoint list, right? If so, try to configure Windows Pass-Through Authentication, and use Windows type credential to connect to the data source.

Regards,

Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors