Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Hydro
Frequent Visitor

Scheduled refresh off excel stored on sharpoint site

Dear community, as the title says, I have an excel sheet which is stored on a sharepoint site. The data connection works fine, without gateway. Now I want to set a scheduled refresh but the option is grayed out.
I set up a test excel on a different sharepoint team site. There it works and I can select the scheduled refresh. It seems that it is a problem with the Sharepoint site. However I am the owner of both sites so I have all permissions( which shouldn’t be a problem anyways )
Can someone help me ?
Best regards Stefan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Hydro

In your dataset, you combine online data source and on-premises data source(database), please check my reply in this similar thread about how to configure gateway and set refresh in this case.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Hydro,

Does your dataset only contain the Excel data source? If so, do you connect to other data sources in this Excel file? And do you host the Excel file in SharePoint online site?

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi ,

yes the Dataset contains the excel Source. No there are no links to other excels.

I hope i understood your questions right.

regards Stefan

Unbenannt.JPG

@Hydro,

Please  go to File -> Options and settings ->Data source settings in Power BI Desktop to check all the data sources of the dataset. And post a screenshot about data sources in Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

There you go

Unbenannt.JPGUnbenannt1.JPGUnbenannt3.JPG

@Hydro

In your dataset, you combine online data source and on-premises data source(database), please check my reply in this similar thread about how to configure gateway and set refresh in this case.

Regards,
Lydia

Yes this was the problem, interesting to know. Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors