Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BWL
Helper II
Helper II

Scheduled refresh MS exchange PowerBI Service

Dear all,

I connected to our Microsoft Exchange Server with PBI Desktop and build a couple of reports.
Once I uploaded them to the PBI Service I had to configure the Data Source credentials.

I checked multiple times, the domain\username and password are correct, but I still get the error:

Am I doing something wrong?

credentials.JPG

16 REPLIES 16
hrubesovag
Regular Visitor

Hi, Is there a solution for this problem? I am facing a similar issue and I tried everything. Everything is fine in Power BI desktop but not in Power BI service.
Thanks for help..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys,

Exactly the same problems here.

In PBI Desktop I can only connect to the mailbox using the "Exchange Account" athentification.

If I then upload the report to the webspace, my entered credentials (no matter which one I take) do not work.

Any suggestions?

I am also facing same issue, i dont see any help in this thread. Can someone offer help ?

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@BWL

Have you entered UPN  on account dialog box in Power BI Desktop? Could you please post gateway log here?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft,

I did the whole thing again, recreated the reports and published again to the service.
At least I got a connection right now and it says that it refreses, but I see no data at all.

Here the steps: 

1.  Select "Microsoft Exchange". Entered my emailadress + password. Then I got the following notification:

Settings.JPG

2. Load the data, created the report and published it to the service
3. Tried to refresh the report and everything went blank.
4. Checked settings, and it shows that everything works. 

Setting.JPG
I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong. 😞

@BWL,

The above screenshots mentions that you don't need gateway to refresh your dataset, it seems that you are connecting to Exchange Online but not on-premises Exchange. 

If you are connecting to Exchange online, please use Microsoft Account option in Power BI Desktop and use OAuth2 option in Power BI Service.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft,

I changed it to Microsoft Account in PowerBI Service and used the OAuth2 option.
Two erros  occured:

PowerBI Desktop
Error.JPG

PowerBI Service:

Message:ErrorNonExistentMailbox: The SMTP address has no mailbox associated with it. Table: Mail.

@BWL,

Have you changed to Exchange online connector in Power BI Desktop? Please use Microsoft Account authentication in Power BI Desktop, then create report there and re-publish your report.

Regards,
Lydia

@v-yuezhe-msft,

When I try to connect to Exchange Online, it gives me the error:

Exchange.png

@BWL,

Please clear permisson for  the Exchange data source in Power BI Desktop and try again. By the way, what version of your Power BI Desktop?
Error%20when%20trying%20to%20import%20Exchange%20Calendar_1.jpg

Regards,
Lydia

@v-yuezhe-msft

Sorry, it took a while!

I tried but it didn't work.  Still got the same error: 

Power BI

MessageErrorNonExistentMailbox: The SMTP address has no mailbox associated with it. Table: Mail.

The PBI Desktop I use: 

Version: 2.61.5192.541 32-bit (augustus 2018)

Regards,

BWL

Hi all,

Is there a solution for this problem? I am facing a similar issue:

1) Cleared permission

2) Connected using UPN:2019-03-21_10h55_03.png

If I connect using Microsoft account I get the following error:

2019-03-21_11h01_54.png

Using the exchange account option and UPN I can get a connection.

3) Published the report and tried to add a refresh schedule:

2019-03-21_11h05_55.png

First tried using Basic auhtentication method (I tried Organizational as well as Private Privacy level):

2019-03-21_11h06_20.png

This gives the following error:

2019-03-21_11h06_51.png

Next tried using OAuth2. This gives the following error:

2019-03-21_11h07_57.png

Any suggestions?

Best,

s-in-a-triangle

The above applies to a shared mailbox. But I can also not get it to work with my personal account. Anybody any ideas?

BenjaminD
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I'm facing a similar issue.

My report is working well in desktop but not in power bi service.

I'm using microsoft account and oAUth2.

Furthermore, i've noticed that the Exchange source code and the Exchange Online source code are the same.

I'don't understand what i'm dooing wrong.

can you help me ?

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@BWL,

Do you connect to Exchange Online or on-premises Exchange? Do you use Exchange Account or Microsoft Account in Power BI Desktop to connect to the data source?

Regards,
Lydia

@v-yuezhe-msft,

On-premises Exchange. I use my Exchange Account to connect in Power BI Desktop to connect to the datasource. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors