Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Megachuckmc
Frequent Visitor

Salesforce refresh fails to Power BI Service (but not to Power BI Destop!)

All of my attempts to refresh my Salesforce data sets are failing even though the refresh is successful to Power BI Desktop

I was able to refresh my datasets this morning around 9:00am (PST) but now I get error messages whenever I try to refresh.

The "less than helpful" error message says:

Something went wrong.

An error occurred while processing the data in the dataset.
Please try again later or contact support and provide the following details to help resolve your issue faster.
Data source type
Processing errorThe operation is canceled by user.
Cluster URIWABI-WEST-US-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity IDba9acad7-c02d-4e4e-9377-513172a661fd
Request IDe7b1b138-a1a0-9731-23b1-4144d034eea9
Time2016-05-06 17:51:34Z

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Mike

3 REPLIES 3
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Megachuckmc Can you provide more information on how you connect to your data source ? If you're using any gateways I would suggest you uninstall and then install latest ones. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am consistently having the same issue. I am using the Salesforce Sales Manager Content Pack and also the Salesforce Report Content Pack. 

If I delete the dataset and then add it back, it will work for Day 1 but all scheduled refreshes fail after this point.

I'm not using a Gateway but connecting directly to Salesforce.com.  The problem appears to be related to making changes to the queries from Power BI desktop and then attempting to refresh the datasource directly from the source (SFDC) to the Power BI service.  I'm not sure why this doesn't work, but I found a number of different posts that pointed me in that direction. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors