Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pauliusmaciulis

SalesForce scheduled synch setup returns error

I work with the PowerBI Desktop version and dashboards are published to the web. The SalesForce login works from the PowerBI Desktop version and I can get the reports data from SalesForce. But when the pbix file is published I am unable to update data source credentails for the SalesForce data source in order to setup scheduled SalesForce data synch. Any help would be appriaciated!

I see the following error message: 

The credentials you provided for the data source are invalid. Please ensure the credentials you have provided for all the data sources are valid.

Hide details Activity Id:7a1f96f4-5927-4543-bf99-d383e99977aa

Request Id:tracheae

Status Code:400

Time:Fri Oct 16 2015 17:17:02 GMT-0500 (Central Summer Time)

Version:11.0.9168.320

Cluster US:helps://centraler.analysis.windows.net

Details:The credentials provided for the Salesforce source are invalid. (Source at helps://log.salesforce.com/.)

42 REPLIES 42

@majdkaid22  I'm in the Support Queue - was last contacted on 7th May

IS teh salesforce API acces. see my posts.

@oristides are you saying the solution is that Salesforce Professional cannot connect and you need to upgrade to Salesforce Enterprise?

While that may be the a solution, the support team are telling me that it should work with Salesforce Professional also.

I ckeched that. I my post i published.. Just in the moment i made the Salesforce upgrade Power BI connection worked well. Professional Eidtios doesnt allow API integrations by defalut( som accounts allow) I got to pay a little more for open API acceses to my professional edition.

So I have a professional edition with API services. I checked myself in Realtime. and then I created a Demo account in Salesforce Professional and Demo salesforce Enterprise(Same  answer) It doesn worked with  Professional because API services where not open.

I Hope you can assure your Salesforce edition allow API Services.

I am 100% sure that this is the problem. I had had 4 Month desesperatly trying to solve it.

Good Luck with your Salesforce Account Executive! @wynhopkins

Hi oristides,

I also now have tried the Professional Edition with API services enabled and as you say the problem disappears.

I have flagged this with the Microsoft Team who are still in the process of assisting me

However at around $40AUD per user per month to have this enabled (and all users must have it if just one person needs it) it doesn't make financial sense to do so,  I'll just use Power Update to push the PowerBI desktop file to PowerBI.com as often as needed.

I will let you know Microsoft's response

Yes, it is true. I the only one that use but every body had to upgrade. But capitalism is just thaqt unfair business getting advantage of necessity.

Look you can open a Salesforce Demo enterprise account.. and connect tu your PowerBI account.. I tried.. I uses ficticious accounts like ACME and ficticious opportunities. I worked for me to underestand this frustrating thing.

Good luck!

This thread has been idle for a while, but I was wondering if anyone has received an update or if it was confirmed that the issue is due to the SalesForce license? 

hi @smahin,  yes even though the connection works with Power BI Desktop it will not work with Power BI.com  unless your company upgrades to the API enabled edition of Salesforce (Salesforce Enterprise,  or potentially your Salesforce contact can enable it on the Professional edition for a similar cost) 

@wynhopkins thanks for the heads up. Same here, been quite some time now.. 

I am still experiencing issues trying to schedule refresh on PowerBI.com for Salesforce data. The error states my credentials are invalid, however I have successfully logged in through IE and also on Power BI Desktop. I also have the most recent April 2016 Power BI update.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

lstreed

I am having the same issue, but in addition to the credentials error, I'm frequently getting this one:

Hide Scheduled 3/21/2016, 4:41:05 PM 3/21/2016, 4:45:13 PM Failed An error occurred while processing the data in the dataset.
Data source type:
Processing error: The operation is canceled by user.
Cluster URI: WABI-WEST-US-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 90f86615-5d75-4967-96e9-71996b8a7802
Request ID: e61ee45e-e259-4e02-b898-3493e1b12c84
Time: 2016-03-21 23:45:13Z

I'm definitely not canceling anything.

Same error here, too. Please find a solution!

I'm having this issue for a month now. I opened a ticket with Power BI support and been on back and forth e-mails.

No solution as of you and it's so frustrating. will keep you posted 

@pauliusmaciulis @wynhopkins @c_tewalt @faisalmo @oristides

Guys, have any of you been lucky solving this issue? 

am personally still stuck with powre BI team trying to figure out the problem. Been 2 months exactly!! 

Yes solved. PLease see my post. On this forum.

@majdkaid22

I have not had any luck in getting this resolved either.

oristides
Helper I
Helper I

have you solved this issue??

@pauliusmaciulis @Manu31@majdkaid22@ChrisB HAve anyone solve this?

oristides
Helper I
Helper I

same problem!! I created my report on desktop and even i can refresh mannyally there..

then I publish to powerBI and i got this Error 400.. What should we do friends??

Manu31

Hi there, here i have the same issue..

Échec de la mise à jour des informations d'identification de la source de données : Les informations d'identification que vous avez fournies pour la source de données ne sont pas valides. Vérifiez les informations d'identification pour toutes les sources de données.
ID d'activité:9513b6d1-2d2e-4dcc-0c43-fb9cf054ca0d
ID de demande:71668b0f-56f5-3051-04af-9c830ba1cfae
Code d'état:400
Heure:Mon Feb 15 2016 13:48:58 GMT+0100 (Paris, Madrid)
Version:13.0.800.434
URI du cluster:https://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Détails:The credentials provided for the Salesforce source are invalid. (Source at https://eu2.salesforce.com/.)
ChrisB

I am having exacty the same problem - the Salesforce credentials are good, but PowerBI refresh compains they are invalid with eeither Error 200 or Error 400

I have also checked in Salesforce Login history and it reports that POwerBI refresh has sucessfully logged in.

------------------------------------------------------

Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again. Hide details
Activity ID: 8770a3ce-72eb-c9a0-ad4d-7a9b518f1248
Request ID: 9e4f7f26-dadc-6c69-b481-5ae5081225f7
Status code: 200
Time: Wed Nov 25 2015 15:48:14 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time)
Version: 11.0.9168.864

-----------------------------------------------------------

Failed to update data source credentials: The credentials you provided for the data source are invalid. Please check the credentials for all the data sources.

Hide details
Activity ID: 8770a3ce-72eb-c9a0-ad4d-7a9b518f1248
Request ID: c7226711-7247-c8e9-dede-6a5cf04981cd
Status code: 400
Time: Wed Nov 25 2015 15:59:02 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time)
Version: 11.0.9168.864
Cluster URI: https://wabi-us-north-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Details: The credentials provided for the Salesforce source are invalid. (Source at https://login.salesforce.com/.)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors