Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SalesForce - Connecting Data Tables on Power BI export

Hello all,

I am using Power BI to pull from "SalesForce Objects" folder when I "Get Data". The issue I am having is I want to pull two items "Account" and "Transaction", but there doesn't appear to be a field I can use to build a "Relationship". In other words, how would I map any Transaction to a particular Account without a field that matches both tables?

For the short term, I know I can build a report that provides the data to give a breakdown of transactions that are linked to an account, but if we ever scale to doing over 2k transactions, then that report will not help in the long run. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,

Vj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lydia,

Thank you so much for the response. This was actually an issue from the SalesForce side so I am sorry I posted this question here. I was able to resolve connecting data tables by locating the data table that links Account to Transactions; this is the Opportunity table. I can now connect any transaction to a client account using this table! 

Thank you for helping and I hope you enjoy the holidays!

Sincerely,

Veejay

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Please create a new table using DAX below. If the DAX doesn't help, please share sample data of your tables and post expected result here.

Table = CROSSJOIN(SELECTCOLUMNS(Account,"Name",Account[Account]),SELECTCOLUMNS(Transactions,"Trans",Transactions[Transaction]))

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lydia,

Thank you so much for the response. This was actually an issue from the SalesForce side so I am sorry I posted this question here. I was able to resolve connecting data tables by locating the data table that links Account to Transactions; this is the Opportunity table. I can now connect any transaction to a client account using this table! 

Thank you for helping and I hope you enjoy the holidays!

Sincerely,

Veejay

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors