Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ismaelumpierrez
Frequent Visitor

SAP Hana not retreiving all tables after update

Dear all,

We are facing a problem, apparently, after last updates, our connections to hanna stopped working, the problem is that when you connect to hana server, you can only see part of the database.

We tried to update hana connector but it doesn't worked, we reviewed the user permissions in hana and it seems to be ok, we tried by downgrading power bi desktop to may version, and it works good, so, the problem is in the lasts versions.

I have also tried to publish the reports that use this database using the old version of pbi desktop, but the data gateway receives the same error you get in the newer versions of pbi desktop.

Here is the problem, this is what you see in navigation when you use PBI desktop v 2.46.4732.721 x64 (MAY)

v2_46_4732_721_64.png

And this is what you see in v2.48.4792.721 x64 (July)

2_48_4792_721_64-bit_julio_2017.png

As you see, it retrieves not only less tables, It retrieves also less folders.

Can you please help me? Any idea of where the error can be?

Thank you very much,

Ismael,

8 REPLIES 8
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@ismaelumpierrez,

We expect to have a fix for the problem in the September release of Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

And yes,

The september update fixxes this issue again.

Thanks !

It's working in powerBI desktop!

But... im still having trouble when I update the report using the On Premise- Data gateway, I need to do something on this?

thanks,

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@ismaelumpierrez,

It seems that you get similar issue as described in this thread. This issue is most likely because changed the product to get the list of cubes from _SYS_BI.BIMC_CUBES instead of _SYS_BI.BIMC_ALL_CUBES , team is reexamining the decision.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft thank you very much for your time, do you know any workaround on this?

Ismael,

@ismaelumpierrez,

The temporary workaround is to use May version of Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

@v-yuezhe-msft

Lydia,

I have also tried to publish the reports that use this database using the old version of pbi desktop, but the data gateway receives the same error you get in the newer versions of pbi desktop.

Any workaround on this?

Thank you very much

Regards

@ismaelumpierrez,

To work around this issue, republish PBIX file to Power BI Service each time you make changes in hana database.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors