Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SAP Business Warehouse: Function module "RSR_MDX_CREATE_OBJECT" not found.

This error happens while i am trying to connect SAP to power bi.

Whats this means? and does anyone knows how to fix it? 

DataSource.Error: SAP Business Warehouse: Function module "RSR_MDX_CREATE_OBJECT" not found.
Details:
DataSourceKind=SapBusinessWarehouse
DataSourcePath=10.121.213.234/54/002
Message=Function module "RSR_MDX_CREATE_OBJECT" not found.
AbapMessageType=X
Key=CALL_FUNCTION_NOT_FOUND
ErrorCode=204

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

What is your SAP BW version? Have you checked that if function module "RSR_MDX_CREATE_OBJECT"  exists in your SAP BW server?

Based on this SAP blog, "RSR_MDX_CREATE_OBJECT" comes in as part of Support Package 02 for SAP NetWeaver BI 7.01 (SAPKW70102)and Support Package 00 for SAP NetWeaver BI 7.11 (SAPKW71100), please make sure that you are using proper SAP BW version.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

What is your SAP BW version? Have you checked that if function module "RSR_MDX_CREATE_OBJECT"  exists in your SAP BW server?

Based on this SAP blog, "RSR_MDX_CREATE_OBJECT" comes in as part of Support Package 02 for SAP NetWeaver BI 7.01 (SAPKW70102)and Support Package 00 for SAP NetWeaver BI 7.11 (SAPKW71100), please make sure that you are using proper SAP BW version.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuezhe-msft thank you for the suggestions. Turns out, i need the SAP team to work on this. There's nothing i can do because they wont give me access. 

some advice? i have the same problem

@Anonymous wrote:

@v-yuezhe-msft thank you for the suggestions. Turns out, i need the SAP team to work on this. There's nothing i can do because they wont give me access. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

It depens. According to what i found, its a 10K + few months upgrade in the SAP. ( That's what i was told by the SAP team). 

what version of SAP you have? @Khristian 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors