Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Surya
Regular Visitor

SAP BW connectivity issue

i have Install the SAP NetWeaver library on my local machine and also  installed all files included in the SAP NetWeaver RFC SDK according to the SAP Note. but still i am not able to connect SAP B\W server .Please let me know, if any specifics required to install on my machine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Surya,

Please verify SAP NetWeaver library is installed on your machine correctly. If you are not sure, you can contact your SAP BW admin for help. Then you need to make sure the architecture for your Power BI Desktop installation matches the SAP NetWeaver library (32-bit or 64-bit). For more information, see: Use the SAP BW Connector in Power BI Desktop

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Surya,

Please verify SAP NetWeaver library is installed on your machine correctly. If you are not sure, you can contact your SAP BW admin for help. Then you need to make sure the architecture for your Power BI Desktop installation matches the SAP NetWeaver library (32-bit or 64-bit). For more information, see: Use the SAP BW Connector in Power BI Desktop

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your prompt response !! i have resolved the issuse by copied SAP nwrfcsdk library files into powerBI 

Anonymous
Not applicable

After downloading the file from SAP, I have pasted the lib files into system32 but I keep getting the message "SAP Business Warehouse: Connection string is not valid."

Why can this be happening?

Thanks a lot

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you extracted the files in Program Files/Microsoft Power BI Desktop /bin server. Extract the files there if you have not and then copy the dlls from the extracted library to System 32. Also make sure the SAP Neatweaver is of same bit(32 bit or 64 bit ) as of your power desktop version.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors