Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

solvisig
Advocate III
Advocate III

SAP BW On-Prem Gateway language issue

When trying to connect to my SAP BW server with on-prem gateway I get this error:

"select one of the installed language" 

gateway error message

This works fine when I connect to the same source in my powerBI desktop.

Is there any server in the middle that might have different language setup?

I suppose the connection flow is like this:
PowerBI web connects to > On-prem gateway in my computer > my computer connects to the datasource which sends information back the same way. 

Br,
Sölvi Sig

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For anyone still struggling with this issue, I got information from support team that there is no language window to configure for SAP BW in on prem gateway and that you need to configure the regional settings on the on premise gateway machine/server to be English.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
fritz
Regular Visitor

What did solve now the Issue using the On-Prem Gateway?

It Is not clear to me how you got the On_Prem Gateway running.

I still get the Issue, even thougth

• Windows Region/Language Settings are set to EN
  • SAP Gui Personal Settings (for Logon used) Parameter is set to EN

an PBI Desktop it works.

DougP
Frequent Visitor

Hi @fritz

We still haven't got the On-Prem Gateway issue fixed - as far as we can tell we have English / EN settings everywhere but still have the same issue.

We have raised with Microsoft - it's accepted as an known error and apparently there is a fix due Q1 2017 - which probably means end of March I guess.

Hi,

is this one be solved meanwhile? I am trying to connect my SAPBW database to the on-premises gateway, getting the following error:

Failed to update data source credentials: RfcOpenConnection failed(RFC_LOGON_FAILURE): Select one of the installed languagesHide details

Activity ID:af86a3f5-e284-4bad-81b5-cb48e9ee87f7
Request ID:20631535-9be8-b094-c193-07f2ec362be2
Status code:400
Time:Wed Jan 17 2018 09:51:26 GMT+0100 (W. Europe Standard Time)
Version:13.0.3847.155
Cluster URI:https://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Everything is working fine in PowerBI desktop, language settings in desktop are EN, the same as in the SAP Portal (english) and in my Windows settings. Any idea how to solve this issue?

DougP
Frequent Visitor

Hi @solvisig

Did you manage to overcome this issue?

@v-yuezhe-msft When setting up a BW connection in Power BI Desktop there is an option to enter the Language Code - shown below - which is not there when setting up in the on-prem Gateway

BWLogon.JPG 

Thanks,

Doug

For anyone still struggling with this issue, I got information from support team that there is no language window to configure for SAP BW in on prem gateway and that you need to configure the regional settings on the on premise gateway machine/server to be English.

DougP
Frequent Visitor

Hi @baatch

However I'm told that the regional settings for the gateway are already English - does it need to be US English?

Thanks,

Doug

I have english uk for all my regional settings:

Untitled.png

DougP
Frequent Visitor

Hi @baatch

Thanks for the clarification.

Doug

Yeah, That is what I did. Also remember to install the sap libaries in machine where the gateway is configured.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @solvisig,

Based on my research, the above error comes from SAP side, which is caused by that you have a default logon language that hasn't been imported into the SAP BW during the SAP system logon. Please compare the default logon language against the list of imported languages in tcode SMLT, you would need to change the default logon language or import the language into SAP BW if it doesn’t exist.

For more detailed troubleshooting steps, please review the following similar thread and blog.
http://scn.sap.com/thread/1531112
http://itsiti.com/sm58-select-one-of-the-installed-languages

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have english installed and the connection works with my power bi desktop. 

some_text

Could it be that azure service bus has different language setup?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors