Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

luxpbi
Helper V
Helper V

Rserver

Hi all, 

Does anyone know if it's possible to connect Power Bi with an Rserver as a DataSource?

I'm asking it because we are evaluating a project and we want to determine if we use Power BI or not. I am not able to test it right now, that's why I need for help and knowledge.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@luxpbi,

Changes you made in Power BI Desktop can't be reflected to data sources. Power BI only has read permission on your data sources.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@luxpbi,

There is no built-in connector for RServer in Power BI. Does RServer provides rest API or OData Service? If it provides, it is possible to use web connector or OData Feed in Power BI Desktop to connect to the data source.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It's a good idea, thank you. 

Do you know how can I put an input form Power BI that will change a variable in my R script? Is this possible? 

Should I create a new question for this matter? 

Regards.

@luxpbi,

Changes you made in Power BI Desktop can't be reflected to data sources. Power BI only has read permission on your data sources.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors