Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ismith

Retrieve recurring appointments from exchange

Hi,

Our goal: Vizualize our team planning using Power BI and Office 365 groups (calendar)

We as a company use Office 365. We would like to retrieve (recurring) meetings from group agenda's using the exchange connector from Power BI designer.

So far we suceeeded in retrieving non-recurring meetings. But, meetings which are configured as recurring are only retrieved for its first instance.

Is there any way to get the full list ?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
bartbpt

Hi,

I have the same problems: getting calendar events for my team (5) from Office365 exchange calendars. It only displays first recurring event, out of 12 or 20 2h events. It's a serious gap in the way we report our workhours.

I haven't found anything simple around this.

I used to fetch the data via VBA and Outlook desktop app, and it would expand recurring events. Might come back to that after all...

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have the same problem. Trying to use calendar as a scheduler with recurring appointments. Exchange only returns the first occurance of the appontment. If two uniquely created appointments are created with the same name both records are returned. It looks like any recurring appointments created using the recurring appointment wizard in Exchange will only return the first appointment of the series. Even though the recurring appointments show up on the calendar. Has anyone found a solution/ work around to this issue? Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm facing the same issue. I do know when you walk through the records you will find a list of attributes which show the activity to be recurring but you do not want to loop through the records to recur them yourselves.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ismith!

I was wondering how you set up the calendars for all the individuals within your group?

I use the Exchange connector in PBI desktop and its only a login for individual users? Have you created a group and connected the group members calendar to this single user (e.g. test1@contoso.com)?

I am struggling trying to connect multiple calendars and show them as a dashboard 😕

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors