Frequent Visitor
Accepted Solution

Rest API with empty Record

Im Newer in PBI 

I would like to connect to Rest API thas done , but i have this problem 

Capture.JPG

when i would like to expand the column i dont have the ICON ?

i learn the basics on Language M and i m still struggling to find the solution how can i get value of the this records .?

I have 5 column ho i have column like Image !!

Thank you in advance 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Rest API with empty Record

@Zaki_Java,
You would need to add a step in Advanced Editor to check if the type of the value is record and then expand the record.

There is an example for your reference:

let
    Source = Table.Combine({jsontest, Table4}),
    expand1=Table.TransformColumns(Source, {{"Value", each if Value.Is(_, type record) then _ else [a=_] }} ),
    #"Expanded Value" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(expand1, "Value", {"name", "age", "maritalStatus"}, {"Value.name", "Value.age", "Value.maritalStatus"})
in
    #"Expanded Value"

Capture.PNG1.PNG

Reference:
https://www.thebiccountant.com/2017/07/25/how-to-expand-a-column-that-cannot-be-expanded-in-power-bi...

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Re: Rest API with empty Record

@Zaki_Java,
You would need to add a step in Advanced Editor to check if the type of the value is record and then expand the record.

There is an example for your reference:

let
    Source = Table.Combine({jsontest, Table4}),
    expand1=Table.TransformColumns(Source, {{"Value", each if Value.Is(_, type record) then _ else [a=_] }} ),
    #"Expanded Value" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(expand1, "Value", {"name", "age", "maritalStatus"}, {"Value.name", "Value.age", "Value.maritalStatus"})
in
    #"Expanded Value"

Capture.PNG1.PNG

Reference:
https://www.thebiccountant.com/2017/07/25/how-to-expand-a-column-that-cannot-be-expanded-in-power-bi...

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.