Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Zaki_Java Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Rest API with empty Record

Im Newer in PBI 

I would like to connect to Rest API thas done , but i have this problem 

Capture.JPG

when i would like to expand the column i dont have the ICON ?

i learn the basics on Language M and i m still struggling to find the solution how can i get value of the this records .?

I have 5 column ho i have column like Image !!

Thank you in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: Rest API with empty Record

@Zaki_Java,
You would need to add a step in Advanced Editor to check if the type of the value is record and then expand the record.

There is an example for your reference:

let
    Source = Table.Combine({jsontest, Table4}),
    expand1=Table.TransformColumns(Source, {{"Value", each if Value.Is(_, type record) then _ else [a=_] }} ),
    #"Expanded Value" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(expand1, "Value", {"name", "age", "maritalStatus"}, {"Value.name", "Value.age", "Value.maritalStatus"})
in
    #"Expanded Value"

Capture.PNG1.PNG

Reference:
https://www.thebiccountant.com/2017/07/25/how-to-expand-a-column-that-cannot-be-expanded-in-power-bi...

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
1 REPLY 1
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: Rest API with empty Record

@Zaki_Java,
You would need to add a step in Advanced Editor to check if the type of the value is record and then expand the record.

There is an example for your reference:

let
    Source = Table.Combine({jsontest, Table4}),
    expand1=Table.TransformColumns(Source, {{"Value", each if Value.Is(_, type record) then _ else [a=_] }} ),
    #"Expanded Value" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(expand1, "Value", {"name", "age", "maritalStatus"}, {"Value.name", "Value.age", "Value.maritalStatus"})
in
    #"Expanded Value"

Capture.PNG1.PNG

Reference:
https://www.thebiccountant.com/2017/07/25/how-to-expand-a-column-that-cannot-be-expanded-in-power-bi...

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.