Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gavin1

Report values not updating from changes in Insightly

We have linked Insightly to Power BI and created some report visualisations of COMPLETED TASKS.

The Insightly data is not being updated in our report when refreshed (since we first created the report):

1. Numerical data not being updated.
  2. Some dropdown filter options in the drop downs of some elements are not up-to-date. Eg TASK CATEGORIES will not display newer or edited category names made in Insightly. This is affecting the legend (when TASK CATEGORIES are used).

To refresh I am:

• Manually refresh the Insightly data (Left Menu > Datasets (Insightly) > ... > REFRESH NOW)
  • Also, whilst in the report (Edit Report) > Refresh (in the top menu).

I am doing this in My Workspaces > REPORTS > Task (the name of the report).

I am using the free web version of Power BI on a MacBook in Chrome (Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit))

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Gavin1,

Could you please check if you can refresh the data in Power BI Desktop? You can refer to this similar thread to connect to Insightly in Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia.

Thanks for your reply.

I have read the thread you suggested and it looks way above my skill level. I am not a coder. Unfortunately I am not confident I could link Insightly with Power BI Desktop (which I do not have either).

It is a shame that it doesn't work on the web version and that you require coding skills to simply generate reports.

Brainwave! I thought it might be a cahe thing(?) so I cleared cache as well as login via Incognito Window.

But this did not work either. 

The data simply won't update.

@Gavin1,

I don't think the issue is related to cache. Do you check if there is message in Refresh History in Power BI Service?

Please check if you can get expected result  when clicking refresh in Power BI Desktop, we need to verify if the issue is caused by the source or Power BI.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia.

I think it is working now.

I think I was getting confused because January 2018 appears BEFORE Nov 2017 and Dec 2017.

Is there an easy way to display it in chronolocial order? Nov-17, Dec-17, Jan-18?

PS: I tried to download the Desktop version but it does not work on a Mac.

See attached: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8pc15nf37i4wfn7/Screen%20Shot%202018-02-09%20at%205.39.35%20PM.png?dl=0

@Gavin1,

You would need to use sort by column feature in Power BI Desktop to sort the field in desired order, then publish the report to Power BI Service.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors