Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refresh pulls new data into reports, but does not see newly created measures/KPIs

Hi PBI lovers,

I've uploaded an Excel file with a table in a spreadsheet, which is a linked table in the data model. I created one measure in the data model before I uploaded it to PowerBI.com. The data set appears, and I can create visuals, edit the table in Excel, and refresh to see the new data reflected in my reports, that's great! But, if I add a new measure or KPI to the Excel file (hosted on OneDrive for business) after the initial upload, refresh does not see those changes in the data model, only new data in the table. Anyon else experience this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous This is expected behavior. The refresh will only update data, not model objects. You would need to republish the data set in order for structural changes to be applied.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Anonymous This is expected behavior. The refresh will only update data, not model objects. You would need to republish the data set in order for structural changes to be applied.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something. 

Thanks for the reply, Eno!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors