Frequent Visitor
Accepted Solution

Refresh R Scripts with Personal Gateway

Hi,

I'm using the R script to handle a pdf dataset in the Power BI Desktop query editor. But I can't make an schedule refresh from the R data source using the personal gateway in the Power BI Service. The error "Credentials are invalid" is displayed. I am using the "Windows" authentication method, and I installed R on the same computer that Personal Gateway was installed.

can anybody help me?

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: Refresh R Scripts with Personal Gateway

Hello everyone,

I'm very happy to report that I received an answer from the Microsoft.

Seems to be a known issue with the Personal Gateway. In the meantime, we have a workaround available as below:

1. Open the On-premises Data Gateway (personal mode) desktop app on the machine where the gateway is installed.

2. Go to the connectors tab and switch off the Custom data connectors feature.

3. Click Apply -> Apply & Restart.

4. On the dataset page, click edit credentials and sign in.

Very good.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Frequent Visitor

Refresh R Scripts with Personal Gateway

Hi,

I'm using the R script to handle a pdf dataset in the Power BI Desktop query editor. But I can't make an schedule refresh from the R data source using the personal gateway in the Power BI Service. The error "Credentials are invalid" is displayed. I am using the "Windows" authentication method, and I installed R on the same computer that Personal Gateway was installed.

can anybody help me?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I got same error. even my Rscript still working in other dataset. But when i make other dataset with same Rscript, i cant credentials it.
Frequent Visitor

Credencial Gateway R Script.pngHi sontt
it's hard. have you ever succeeded in scheduled refresh r script in power bi service?

Frequent Visitor

Hi, I am facing the same problem and no matter what i try it says cannot update credentials.
I am using windows credentials and yes i have changed the privacy level of R data source to public

Frequent Visitor

I have the exact same error.

Have tried both R script datasource and R script transformation. Same result.

It is the latest version of the personal gateway (14.16.6724.2), which works on reports without R scripts.

Frequent Visitor

I reported this issue to product team Microsoft on June 6 (SR number 118060718341511).
I am waiting the answer.

Frequent Visitor

Hey LincolnSantiago

Please keep us posted

Frequent Visitor

Hello everyone, 

I see this same issue for my dashboard (which refreshes using a R script). In PBI service, there is a cross mark (x) against the 'Edit Credentials' for R source, and when i click on 'Edit Credentials' and say 'Sign In', the error 'Failed to update credentials....' pops up. For me this started during the week of 11-June. 

Has anyone found a solution for this, or heard from MS?

Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

No still waiting.