Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Locke
Regular Visitor

Refresh Issues, dataset containing odata, Power Bi desktop refresh ok

Hi Guys,

we have been having refresh issues for quite a while now. The tricky thing is, that the behavior is not consistent in accounts and files and even days (it seems). So we're constantly testing new scenarios. Can anybody help, or does anybody have some ideas for a workaround?

Info: We have a dataset which contains 7 odata feeds, 1 Web connection and 1 AzureMarketplace Connection

What we did: A pbix file was created in Power Bi Desktop, the connections were made and the file refresh works fine. Then the file was uploaded to a Power Bi account.

Issue at the moment: When trying to refresh manually or schedule a refresh, an error occurs: "Information is needed in order to combine data"

Past Issues:In the past we have had issues with odata auth, gateway connector and internal errors. But this data error occurs most often. We have already uploaded the file into a fresh account and also cleared out cache and cookies. 

Any idea, whow to tackle this error?

Cheers

Tanja

1 REPLY 1
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

This sounds like an issue to send to support using the smiley face icon in the upper right. Click that and attach a screen shot of the error, I have had very good response from support when doing this.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors