Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jmiridium
Helper IV
Helper IV

Refresh Error: Unable to refresh the model (id=2682215) because it references an unsupported data so

How do I begin to troubleshoot this error:

Data source error:Unable to refresh the model (id=2682215) because it references an unsupported data source.
Cluster URI:WABI-WEST-US-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:e5a948ff-2e26-45b5-a483-09d0c75f2ec2
Request ID:b9020074-8d04-1bbb-8175-8d1a89e316d8
Time:2017-06-20 22:46:10Z
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Download the PBIX file to your desktop and open it in your PowerBI Desktop.  Go into the Edit Queries section and Refresh all.  This should tell you which table is erroring.  From there you can look at what data source its attempting to connect to.

Refresh works from desktop

refreshdesktop1.JPGrefreshdesktop2.JPGrefreshdesktop3.JPGrefreshdesktop4.JPG

If I refresh and publish the dashboard shows the data refreshed. However I can't refresh from the web interface

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking at the error it seems like the error isn't that you have an unsupported data source, its that you have a data source that isn't compatable with Power BI Service handling the refersh.  In your Power BI desktop you will have an option 'Edit Queries' in there you can click 'Data Source Settings' which will list your data sources.  What data sources do you have?  I'm expecting one or more of these will be the issue.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-refresh-data/

The refresh works in PoweBI Desktop though

@jmiridium,

Some data sources are supported to refresh in Power BI Desktop, but not in Power BI Service.

To troubleshoot the error in your scenario, we need to know what data sources are contained in your dataset. In Power BI Desktop, please go to File -> Options and settings ->Data source settings to check data sources, and post a screenshot about the data sources.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I have the same error, my data source is

amaquivar_0-1652975620207.png

is this supported to refresh in Power BI Service?

Hello,

I have the same error, I have 2 kind of data:

web api and excel sheet(sharepoint) in the same table

in the power bi desktop the refresh work, but when I publish it on power bi online it doesn't.

Have you any idea about, how i can make it run,

thanks in advance.

Capturex.PNG

Hi Did you get any solution for this ?

I have both personal and on site gateways. How come I can't pick a gateway at all considering I have an on site gateway?

onpremise1.JPGonpremise2.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors