Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IanR
Helper III
Helper III

Recent Sources is Disabled

Hi,

I am building a model based on our Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online data. I have two tables in my model already and would like to add some more from the same source but the Recent Sources button is disabled. The existing source is based on an oData connection. This works and I can refresh the model. When I click Get Data I am not offered the option of using my existing source. I suppose I could add another, identical, oData source but this seems inefficient and I wonder if it will cause problems later. I don't know for sure at this point all the tables that I will need in the model so I will probably have to go through this exercise again soon.

Is this the way it us supposed to work or is my model corrupt?

Thanks

Ian

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@IanR,

I am unable to reproduce your issue, when I connect to an OData data source in the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.47.4766.542), the Recent Sources option is available.

Do you use the latest version of Power BI Desktop? Do you get the same issues when you connect to other data sources?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

From help | About I am on Version: 2.47.4766.542 64-bit (June 2017). I have a new laptop so pretty much everything is up to date.

Is there a repair or checkdb equivalent option?

Thanks

Ian

@IanR,

Do you get same issues when you connect to other data sources(for example, Excel file)? Go to Control panel>Programs>Uninstall a program, right click Power BI Desktop, there is a "Repair" option.

Reagrds,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi ,

I have created an entirely new model and I have the same problem. All of yesterday while Power BI Desktop was open the Recent Sources button was enabled and I was able to add additional tables to the model from CRM Online. Today, after closing and re-opening, the Recent Sources button is disabled. That's in both the main report window and the Query Editor window. Is therre a setting somewhere that controls this?

Will things get complicated or inefficient if I add a New Source that points to the same oDate connection? I'm trying hard with this model to be as efficient as possible because the last model was a monster and took far too long to refrtesh.

Thanks

Ian

IanR
Helper III
Helper III

Hi,

I am building a model based on our Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online data. I have two tables in my model already and would like to add some more from the same source but the Recent Sources button is disabled. The existing source is based on an oData connection. This works and I can refresh the model. When I click Get Data I am not offered the option of using my existing source. I suppose I could add another, identical, oData source but this seems inefficient and I wonder if it will cause problems later. I don't know for sure at this point all the tables that I will need in the model so I will probably have to go through this exercise again soon.

Is this the way it us supposed to work or is my model corrupt?

Thanks

Ian

I've realised that I have put this in the wrong forum area. I have reposted in the 'Integrations with Files and Services' area.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors