Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kralco626
Frequent Visitor

Project Online - Enterprise Custom Fields and ProjectHasOverdueTasks

This might be a limitation of the product, but I can't seem to get both of these pieces of information in the same dataset.

1) ProjectHasOverdueTasks (And several otherfields such as Tasks.TaskIsOverdue and Task.TasjIdOverdueAndUpcoming
This field is only available under Project when using BI Online to connect to Project Online using the built in service provider

2) Enterprise Custom Fields
These fields are only available if I use BI Desktop to connect to Project Online through OData.

I have read plenty of articles that say Enterprise Custom Fields are not available when creating the Dataset in BI Online, so I have chosen the BI Desktop route for my dataset so far. Is there a way I can get the ProjectHasOverdueTasks and similair fields in the BI Desktop OData connection method?

Thanks!

P.S. I know that technically I could find ways to calculate these fields... but really, thats a pain...

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@kralco626,

From this article, you can note that these fields(ProjectHasOverdueTasks, TaskIsOverdue and TasjIdOverdueAndUpcoming) are not in the list of available fields in Project OData feed, you would need to create these fields based on the existing fields and data.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors