Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gjohnston
Regular Visitor

Pro License

I brought in data from an Azure SQL database and it worked great.  I created a dashboard (I'm a Pro user), but when I went to share it with a non-Pro user it says I can't since it contains Pro only content due to the data source being Azure SQL.  Am I understanding this correctly that anyone that wants to view/use the dashboard I created they need to be a Pro user?  This is a deal killer for our company.

3 REPLIES 3
Skemaz
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi

I hope this is on topic. I follwed the above advice and imported my tables from Azure. But in my case I only want to import a subset as the result of a query I wrote.

How do I import the query results rather than the whole table?

Thanks, Mark.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Seems to be the case right now, see this thread:

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Sharing-Scheduled-Refresh-Dashboards-between-Pro-amp-Free-us...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Connecting to Azure SQL from the online service is considered "live" connection and it refreshes on query..So everyone you share needs to be a Pro user..The other option is to import the data in PBI desktop and the upload it to PowerBI service..Of cource the connection is not live, meaning you can schedule only a daily refresh..( with the limitation that you cannot schedule it as a pro user for now )..

Konstantinos Ioannou

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors