Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

petehunt
Regular Visitor

PowerBI Sharepoint Data Issues

Hi Everyone, 

I have a series of list hosted in Sharepoint that im connected to in PowerBi. Im having a couple of issues with one of the lists:

Firstly, I have a date column in the sharepoint list, when this is connected to powerBi (with no filters etc) the dates appear one day before the dates that were entered in the sharepoint list. For example, 12/04/2017 in Sharepoint becomes 11/04/2017 in PowerBI.

Secondly. Not all of the data is imported. PowerBi seems to only display 4 sets of data for each day. I have attached a screenshot to explain this better. 

PowerBi Issues.png

Has anyone experienced similar issues to this? Or know how to fix this, im completely lost!

Thanks in advance for all of your help. 

Pete

1 REPLY 1
fivebyfive

Hi Pete - on your dates issue, the regional settings on your developer workstation could affect the interpretation and use of dates and their related functions.  What time zone is your workstation in and is the sharepoint list hosted in a region different from where you are physically?

For the SharePoint connector, I've experienced problems with the SQL 2016 SSIS connector for SharePoint lists (they may be related components).  Unfortunately I was not able to get any help with this from the community nor Microsoft and we ended up building a custom connector for the client.  Are you fixed on using SharePoint as a source?

Sean

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors