Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ganeshpss

PowerBI - Get data from Exchange- Inbox details(size of the mail,attachments etc

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate my outlook mail box with power bi. However, I couldnt find the size of email & number of attachments etc.

What's the best approach to integrate with microsoft exchange? Currently, I'm using exchange connector.

The table called mail just have the folder path and unique id for each email. However, I couldnt find the email size and number of attachement.

Could someone please help me with your inputs?

Thanks
Ganesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ganeshpss,

Based on my test, the Exchange online data source in Power BI desktop can retrieve data about the attachments and size. When you select the mail table, please click Edit go to Query Editor. You can find the column named Attachments and Attributes, please expand contained columns. 

w3.PNGw4.PNGw5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Swapn22
Frequent Visitor

Hi There,

Thank you for the process to get the size , I am wondering if the Size (Field in the attribute for Email) will be in KB correct?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ganeshpss,

Based on my test, the Exchange online data source in Power BI desktop can retrieve data about the attachments and size. When you select the mail table, please click Edit go to Query Editor. You can find the column named Attachments and Attributes, please expand contained columns. 

w3.PNGw4.PNGw5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Qiuyun (@v-qiuyu-msft ),

Would you happen to know what data size multiple the attachment size column is in.

I have an attachment size that is: 38222 . When I look for the email in my mail box it says the mail is 107 KB?

I have

Ganeshpss

Dear Experts,

Kindly help as I have an urgent requirement.

Thanks in advance..

Best Regards

GS

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors