Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mbuhary
Helper I
Helper I

Power Pivot Unable to Identify Number+Text in same cell

Hi All,

I have a query where in some fields there are records with Number+Text (text in Arabic).

While it appears good in Power Query, when the data is loaded into Power Pivot via the model it turns out as "##????..."

But there are other columns where the text is in Arabic and it looks good in the model.

Please help me identify how to solve this issue.Power_Query.jpgPower_Pivot.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@mbuhary,

I copied Arabic characters from online site and test your scenario. However, everything works in Powerpivot and I am using Excel 2016. Also the Arabic characters works well in Power BI Desktop.

Capture.PNG1.PNG

Do you get same issue in Power BI Desktop? Could you please share sample data of your table that I can copied and pasted?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am experiencing this in Power Pivot Data Model in Excel 2016 (not in Powe BI). I will be able to send you an extract from the raw

data tomorow as its the weekend now.

I have tested the same data in Excel 2013 - Power Pivot and it was good there no issues.

If I have to escalate this to a more senior technical team, please advise me on how to approach and access them in Microsoft Development or Engineering Department.

BR,

@mbuhary,

I am unable to reproduce this issue in Excel 2016. There is a PowerPivot forum, you can post the question in that forum to get dedicated support.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

How can I forward the sample file to you. I dont have access to dropbox, is it okay to contact  you on email ?

@mbuhary,

I have sent you a private message.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors