Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

minaxi
Frequent Visitor

Power BI integration with Salesforce Big objects

Hi,

We got Big objects in Salesforce application and now our customer want us to built Power BI reports using these salesforce big objects instead of custom objects.

I have seen, we can use the salesforce custom objects online but there is no such option to integrate Big objects directly with Power BI.

Please let me know if there is any way to get the Big Objects from Salesforce in Power BI for the online reporting?.

Thanks

Minaxi

8 REPLIES 8
KattyNamor

What about some kind of alternative solutions?
For example, replicate all your SF data to SQL Server (there are several good tools for that, Skyvia for ex.) and then use the standard PowerBI connector.

drussellgbc
Frequent Visitor

Has anyone discovered a method for pulling Big Object data into Power BI? These objects still do not appear in the object list via the built-in connector.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@minaxi,

Please check if you can connect to the big objects using the Salesforce objects connector in Power BI Desktop. You are able to create reports in Power BI Desktop and then publish reports to Power BI Service.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Lydia, No those big objects are not appearing in the options when i am using salesforce object connector.

What else option we can opt in to use salesforce big objects ?

@minaxi,

Is there any possibility that you create ODBC data source for the Big objects? You can connect to ODBC data source in Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Lydia

Not sure if this will work. I am first trying out to install ODBC driver. Due to lengthly protocols here in my organization, it takes long  to install any driver/software. I am taking help from below link.

https://www.simba.com/products/Salesforce/doc/ODBC_QuickstartGuide/content/quick_start/windows/sa/co...

Will come back to you with the results.

Regards

Minaxi

@minaxi,

How  is the issue going?

Regards,
Lydia

Due to some reasons, we couldnot get the ODBC drivers. And we are still in the phase of POC.

I got somewhere in the salesforce documentation that we can query Big Objects using a subset of the SOQL (Salesforce Objects Query Language) via a REST API.

Then using Poser BI web connector REST API query details can be abstracted.

I am new to Power BI, can you suggest me how this can be accomplished?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors