Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

snorreg

Power BI dashboards in CRM

We are working on a project where we would want to include dashboards from Power BI in Dynamics CRM. We have tried to add an iFrame to a Dynamics CRM page with link to powerbi, but we are only able to show login-page.

Can we reference a specific dashboard and get the user logged in with the username from the login in Dynmics CRM?

8 REPLIES 8
foomanschu13
Advocate I
Advocate I

CRM 2016 Update 1 allows for embedding PowerBI tiles.

A couple notes though:

Currently only works in personal dashboards, not system dashboards.  You'll have to share with your company to make it system wide.  I made them aware of this bug so it might be fixed in future releases.

Only works for tiles, not pinned reports.  If your dashboard is only pinned reports, you won't get an option to pick the tile.  

Overall, the functionality is pretty cool. You click on the tile and it brings up the embedded report (including all the tabs).  If that's not what you want, then you'll have to create a separate report for your CRM tiles only.

andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Embedding is coming but not available yet

Any guess as to when this capability will be available? Definitely a critical capability for us. Thanks!

Is there an update on the status of when this can be expected?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hoping to bump this up. This is a huge hole in CRM and Power BI. I would love some insight into when this is coming.

Also, if this is an issue you care about, can you add a couple votes to the pile? I am hoping that with enough visibility, this will encourage the dev team to share some details about when this is coming, and what we can expect.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/8345505-dynamics-crm-iframe-with-...

I also have to say, the current approach to sharing on the web, where no login is required, will not work at all of embedding in CRM. There needs to be a middle ground where I can get my reports and dashboards into CRM, but still require a level of authentication that ensures only the right people are seeing the reports. Since I believe Azure Active Directory is involved in both CRM Online and Power BI authentication, this should actually be the default state.

@Anonymous - Does the new "Publish to Web" feature help address this at all?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Greg_Deckler - It does not. That publishes a public URL that you can access via the web without any authentication. However, that can't be embedded in a dashboard. And to be honest, even it it could, no one wants their CRM data published and open. 

if you have a vote to share, please consider adding yours to the pile! This is really an important issue that will help drive Power BI adoption for existing CRM users.

We would love to see this work as well.  Would make the self service BI and CRM work as one and sell more licenses for Microsoft if that is anything they are interested in. 

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors