Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sb_powerbi
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI dashboard integration with Visualforce page in Salesforce

Greetings Team,

We need some suggestion on integrating  Power BI dahsboards with Visual force Page in Salesforce instance, based on my initial analysis we can able to embeded the power bi into Sales force by using steps metnioned in the below blog.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/embedding-a-power-bi-report-into-salesforce/

We need some comfirmation on the Power BI features supported after integrations

1. Is Row level secuity feature will work same as its in Visual force page after integration ?
  2. Power BI Direct query mode will support for the integrations? and data refresh .

It would be very helpful for us for the suggestions on the above questions .

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@sb_powerbi,

Firstly,  it is possible to apply row level security to the report for end user, for more details, please take a look at  this similar thread.

Secondly, does your dataset contain salesforce data source? If so, DirectQuery mode is not available in this case. However, if your dataset contains other data sources that support DirectQuery mode, you are able to integrate the report to visualforce page in salesforce.

Moreover, you can achieve the refresh requirement by using  Data Refresh APIs.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@sb_powerbi,

After you apply RLS for your dataset, as long as the user have no issues viewing his own data in Power BI Service, he should also see the same data in the embed report in salesforce.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sharad3010

I am trying to integrate PBI into Salesforce. But i am getting an error "AADSTS50011: The reply url specified in the request does not match the reply urls configured for the application: '2XXXXdab1-aXXa-1abb-XXXX-89XXXXXXXX61e4'".

Any help on how I can resolve this error? 

I have followed the steps as mentioned below:
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/embedding-a-power-bi-report-into-salesforce/

In this, when we are registering our app, what should we enter in Home Page URL? 

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@sb_powerbi,

Firstly,  it is possible to apply row level security to the report for end user, for more details, please take a look at  this similar thread.

Secondly, does your dataset contain salesforce data source? If so, DirectQuery mode is not available in this case. However, if your dataset contains other data sources that support DirectQuery mode, you are able to integrate the report to visualforce page in salesforce.

Moreover, you can achieve the refresh requirement by using  Data Refresh APIs.

Regards,
Lydia

@v-yuezhe-msft

Thank you so mcuh for response

My Power BI dashboadrd connected to Sql Server not SalesForce.

Business users would like to see the Power BI dashbord in Visualforce Page, As users compatibale with SalesForce.

We are planning to embedd report to salesforce so bit confused on row level security will support same as Power BI service .

@sb_powerbi,

After you apply RLS for your dataset, as long as the user have no issues viewing his own data in Power BI Service, he should also see the same data in the embed report in salesforce.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors