Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

prnair
Employee
Employee

Power BI & SharePoint SSO issue

• I have a customer using O365 SharePoint Online site and also have the Power BI Dashboard create for their Enterprise users. They have ADFS configured for user authentication.

Now the issue is SSO (Single Sign On) is not working when they move from SharePoint Online site to PowerBI Dashboard - they are getting logon prompt everytime they open the PowerBI dashboard. But they are able to open other SharePoint site without been prompted for userid and password.

Is there any configuration need to be done at PowerBI site (or even at SharePoint/O365) to have this SSO to work even for PowerBI.

Any help or direction will really help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Pradeep Nair
3 REPLIES 3
williamstoa

has any one had any success on this matter?

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Hmm, you do not seem to be the only one having this issue, unless of course, catclaw63 is you.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/465fd150-2fc6-4209-af4d-c305d467541f/adfs30-single-si...

There is also a thread on it here:

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/ADFS-Deep-Link-to-Dashboard/td-p/19140

There seemed to be the start of a resolution if you read down near the bottom of the thread. But not sure it was ever resolved.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks smoupre for the response. I have already seen those thread, I will be trying those deep link url query string and enable Windows Auth on the ADFS server.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors