Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

WCrayger
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Tiles Add-In Slide Show Problems

Hello,

Is anyone else having problems with the PowerPoint integration add-in "Power BI Tiles" when it comes to slide shows? I have the add-in installed on my laptop and when entering slide show with an embedded report I have full interaction wiht the embedded report. However, when using my desktop, after entering slide show or presentation mode, if I try to interact with the embedded report it jumps to the next slide. I have tried to disable "click to advance to next slide" and that does not work either. I double checked the properties of PowerPoint on my laptop and mimiced them to my desktop, still no luck. Any help would be great. Thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@WCrayger,

I am not able  to reproduce your issue. I add Power BI tiles in PowerPoint 2016 following the instructions in this blog, everything works well when entering slide show.

What is the version of PowerPoint in your Desktop? I would recommend you double check that if there are any different configuration in the laptop and desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Lydia,

I am running PowerPoint Version 1705 (Build 8201.2193 Click-to-Run). I have also followed the steps provided in the linked blog and the problem persists. I have mimiced all of my Laptop settings as well, no luck. 

After trying again just now, I realize that as soon as I enter presentation mode the Power BI Tiles Embed window defaults to a still image, even though I have not opted to save it as an image. I only noticed because the outline of one of the report objects is visible on the presented window and does not fade away, indicating a still image. 

Regards,

William

@WCrayger,

I would recommend you open a support ticket on the support.powerbi.com site.

Regards,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Did the problem got solved? I have the same issue of powerbi tile converting into image when entering the slideshow mode in my laptop.

Best,

Shruti

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors