Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GurpreetSingh
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Online not importing VSTS data

Hi,

We've been using TFS since many years (contained many projects) and reports used to work beautifully. Recently, we migrated to VSTS and since then we're unable to run across-project reports. Power BI online is unable to import data (may be due to large size of VSTS projects, I'm using * to pull all projects). How can I get this fixed?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GurpreetSingh,

Based on test, it seems works on original VSTS source.(without migrate)

Can you please share more detail contents about this issue? It will be help for troubleshooting.

In addition, you can also try to use fiddler  to trace the detailed logs of this operation.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin (@v-shex-msft),

Fiddler isn't showing much details because I think https://app.powerbi.com/ would be importing data in the background (server side), and will report progress only on browser.

BTW, I'm not the VSTS account administrator, don't have access to all VSTS projects. Does that matter? If I put * to get all projects, will it fail or bring data of all projects which are accessible to me?

Also, is there a way to specify more than one projects but not * (for all projects)? If yes, I can try providing only those project names which are accessible to me.

Thanks,

Gurpreet Singh

Hi @GurpreetSingh,

>>BTW, I'm not the VSTS account administrator, don't have access to all VSTS projects. Does that matter? If I put * to get all projects, will it fail or bring data of all projects which are accessible to me?

I don't think the issue will related to account permission.

If the error only appears when you use "*", you can check your project list if there are any invalid projects who caused the issue. 

In addition, you can also use each project name to test to find out the issue project.

BTW, you can also ask you admin to use admin account to test.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft

Meanwhile, is there a way to specify more than one projects? I want to get data from 8-10 projects, not all (*). Please See error below, it is not supporting comma separated list of projects. What is the correct way to specify 2 or more projects?

Projects.png

Thanks,

Gurpreet Singh

HI @GurpreetSingh,

Current this connector seems not support multiple project names.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

GurpreetSingh
Frequent Visitor

How can I provide multiple project names while connecting to Visual Studio Team Services? Currently, I'm getting the following error:

Unable to connect multiple projectsUnable to connect multiple projects

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors