Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kerblooy
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Desktop - Zendesk Refresh Error "unprocessable entity"

Hello!

I use Power BI desktop to monitor Zendesk stats.

I missed a couple days of refreshing the data (darn you manual refresh...)

And now when I refresh the refresh cancels out on the "Tickets" category due to an "unprocesseable_entity".

I looked up the URL it got stuck on and it seems to be happening because the Zendesk API has a 2,000 page limit.

But since Power BI Desktop doesn't seem to have an error handling for that, I can't refresh the data.

Is there a way to get the data in parts? Or export the data from Power BI Web?

I have scheduled refreshes on the Web version of Power BI so that data stays up to date.

I need the desktop to refresh because of the different reports I need to make.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm pulling my hair out by now 😕

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For anyone who ever has this problem too...it's a really simple fix that I'm surprised I didn't see before.

Simply go into Power Bi>Home Tab>Edit Queries

Go to the table that's giving you the problems and just filter a date row to only pull a certain range of data.

For instance, for the tickets table in the Zendesk pack, I am now only pulling tickets "updated_at" after 4/1/17.

And it worked!

I never thought to try this because I thought that filtering the tables only happened after Power BI pulled all of the data, not before.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello @kerblooy 

We're developers of Power BI Connector https://www.zendesk.com/marketplace/apps/support/834457/power-bi-connector-by-alpha-serve/ it allows you to connect Zendesk to Power BI in less than 5 minutes. You may try it for free. Let us know if you need any assistance.

Cheers,

Anton

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is happening due to an API change on Zendesk site, couldnt find a workaround yet.

Microsoft needs to edit the Zendesk plugin, vote for it here:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/38892475-update-zendesk-beta-plug... 

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @kerblooy,

You are able to export data from visualizations to Excel or CSV in Power BI Service, for more details, please review this article: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-export-data/ .

In addition, based on my research, Zendesk Rest API can return JSON format data. You can consider to get Zendesk data via the Rest API, Power BI Desktop can read the JSON file. Start here to learn more about Zendesk Rest API.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For anyone who ever has this problem too...it's a really simple fix that I'm surprised I didn't see before.

Simply go into Power Bi>Home Tab>Edit Queries

Go to the table that's giving you the problems and just filter a date row to only pull a certain range of data.

For instance, for the tickets table in the Zendesk pack, I am now only pulling tickets "updated_at" after 4/1/17.

And it worked!

I never thought to try this because I thought that filtering the tables only happened after Power BI pulled all of the data, not before.

Cheers!

The solution does not work for me as I still hit the pagination error even when I limit the date to a year or the past 30 days. We have a lot of zendesk tickets per day

zendesk power bi error.PNG

Same problem here did you found a solution ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors