Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

APOSTOL

Power BI Desktop - BI Connector does not show up in Get Data list

Dear all, 

I am trying to connect to an OBIEE instance via Power BI and I've seen that an easy and quick way to do that is bi installing BI Connector. I have successfully installed it, activated the trial license and managed to configure (and connect to) an OBIEE datasource. 

I have even managed to connect to OBIEE via Tableau + BI Connector.

However I experience the following issue: the BI Connector driver simply does not appear in the list of Data Sources (Get Data) in Power BI Desktop. I cannot find any info on this issue online. Any ideas will be very helpful.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
shankar_bic
Regular Visitor

Hi @APOSTOL

Did you download BI Connector from Free Trial page?  If yes, that version does not yet support Power BI to OBIEE integration.  

The Power BI to OBIEE connector is available via Beta program.  Please refer to this BI Connector support article to request the Power BI to OBIEE connector.  

Thanks!

Shankar

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
shankar_bic
Regular Visitor

Hi @APOSTOL

Did you download BI Connector from Free Trial page?  If yes, that version does not yet support Power BI to OBIEE integration.  

The Power BI to OBIEE connector is available via Beta program.  Please refer to this BI Connector support article to request the Power BI to OBIEE connector.  

Thanks!

Shankar

Hi @shankar_bic,

Thanks a lot for the useful info! Already applied for beta program 🙂

Regards!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors