cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jak82 Member

Post Gres Not connecting

Hi,

I tried to access our postgres server, but upon selecting postgres from the options for get data.  It asked me to install some software.. I installed the software, rebooted and I am still getting the error message?

It takes me to

https://github.com/npgsql/Npgsql/releases

Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: Post Gres Not connecting

@jak82,

What error message do you get?

In my environment, I installed Npgsql 3.1.8 and I selected the option to install to the GAC during the installation process, there is no issues when I connect to PostgreSQL in Power BI Desktop(2.65.5313.1381).

In your scenario, please ensure that you select the option to install to the GAC when installing Npgsql . And you can also try to install 3.1.8, then check if the connection is successful.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
1 REPLY 1
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: Post Gres Not connecting

@jak82,

What error message do you get?

In my environment, I installed Npgsql 3.1.8 and I selected the option to install to the GAC during the installation process, there is no issues when I connect to PostgreSQL in Power BI Desktop(2.65.5313.1381).

In your scenario, please ensure that you select the option to install to the GAC when installing Npgsql . And you can also try to install 3.1.8, then check if the connection is successful.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.