Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

gbpucci
Frequent Visitor

Possible BUG: Database name sensitive in Enterprise Gateway

Hello !!

I'm trying to set up the Enterprise Gateway, my database is configured with Binary collation, and i put the database name in uppercase, but the system returns the error below, with the database name in lowercase. I'm trying to make this with a database with lowercase name and it work,

Bug ???

"Underlying error message: Cannot open database "dadosadvmp8"
requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user  ...."

Thanks !!

4 REPLIES 4
Bjoern
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

If lowercase/uppercase switch changes the issue, it is 100% a bug. I had a similar experience with the early SSAS Connector, it was also case sensitive.

After 15 days waiting a support ticket, no solution until now !!!

I'm seeing the same thing - results in login failed, with binary collation on for the target db

A workaround for this problem: create a database with a lowercase name, use this database for connection in gateway. But when creating the data source, use sql query to get the data from an especific database:

SELECT *

FROM [DATABASE].[dbo].[TABLE]

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors